>

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

it is better to have loved and lost- w/e...you've obviously never had your heart broken

some people swear they want a love like Romeo and Juliet...but if you really think about it they were really more in infatuation that anything. I mean really Romeo was in love with Juliet's cousin when the play starts. if anything Juliet was is rebound girl...

i always wanted a love like Wuthering Heights. That I can't breath without you kind of love. That even if we're not together you are me...kind of love. well now that i've done that...i need to find a new kind of love that i want. (definitely don't want to do that again.)

anyway...found Wuthering heights on google books and wanted to share my favorite quotes


“This is nothing,” cried she; “ I was only going to say that heaven did not seen to be my home; and I broke my heart with weeping to come back to earth; and the angels were so angry that they flung me out into the middle of the heath on the top of Wuthering Heights; where I woke sobbing for joy. That will do to explain my secret, as well as the other. I’ve no more business to marry Edgar Linton that I have to be in heaven; and if the wicked man in there had not brought Heathcliff so low I shouldn’t have thought of it. It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now; so he shall never know how I love him; and that not because he’s handsome, Nelly, but because he’s more myself that I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton’s is as different as a moonbeam to lightning, or frost from fire” (Wuthering Heights 71)

“My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I’m well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff- he’s always, always in my mind- not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself- but as my own being; so don’t talk of our separation again- it is impractical…” (Wuthering Heights 73)

“You teach me now how cruel you’ve been- cruel and false. Why did you despise me? Why did you betray your own heart, Cathy? I have not one word of comfort- you deserve this. You have killed yourself. Yes, you may kiss me, and cry; and wring out my kisses and tears. They’ll blight you- they’ll damn you. You loved me- then what right had you to leave me? What right- answer me- for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery, and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own free will, did it. I have not broken your heart- you have broken it- and in breaking it, you have broken mine. So much the worse for me, that I am strong. Do I want to live? What kind of living will it be when you- Oh, God! would you live with your soul in the grave?”
“ Let me alone. Let me alone,” sobbed Catherine. “If I’ve done wrong, I’m dying for it. It is enough! You left me too; but I won’t unbraid you! I forgive you. Forgive me!”
“It is hard to forgive, and to look at those eyes, and feel those wasted hands,” he answered. “Kiss me again; and don’t let me see your eyes! I forgive what you have done to me. I love my murderer- but yours! How can I?”
They were silent- their faces hid against each other, and washed by each other’s tears. (Wuthering heights 141-2)

“Oh, you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray for one prayer- I repeat it till my tongue stiffens- Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you- haunt me then! The murdered di haunt their murderers, I believe; I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. But with me always- take any form- drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss where I can not find you! Oh God! it is unutterable! I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!” (Wuthering Heights 146)

No comments:

Post a Comment