>

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

for roses



My mother has a way with words
spoken softly
matter-of-fact -ly
as if her lyrics are well known
rather than thoughts
and ideas
She sets them up across a page
like a dance
_______________each
__________put
____________________in its
_____place
to show
the story she’s trying to tell

My sister poems
come out like songs
With colors as emotions
Each thought and meaning
_____1_____
__________2__________
_______________3___________________
things to
______5______
____________6____________
_________________7_________________
people
_____“why must I be
__________so black and blue”
like a negativity to
stretch ability
all in search of stability
in a ___ blue_____ green_____ aquamarine
swirling world
of chaos



I didn’t inherit their way with words



From poet to poet
__I don’t know if
I’m a poet.
___or simply a journal -ist
whose words sometimes __________ fit

I admire your skill
Much like that homeboy
_____(That phone boy)
who sketches his poetry into art
_____his guns are pencils
_____ his bullets paint
his dreams and prayers covered those walls
__________where I sat.
Ironically
You remind me of him…

I’m not looking for love
But I do appeal for this
A single application
____for a friend
If you don’t apply
nothing lost, nothing gained
But the thought
That is all.

That beneath the millions stars
there are two that understand
the friendship
written between the lines
__________of text

1 comment: